Guide To Flying Your First Drone
This starter guide will show you everything you need to know about how to fly a drone and soon you be on your way to performing cool flight maneuvers. These tutorials can be applied to any other flying multirotor.
Begin by learning and understanding the controls well. This will give you a boost in confidence knowing what button to push. Below are some frequently used technical terms for flying and it will give you a basic understanding of these words.
Roll – tilts the drone left and right by speeding up the rotors on one side and slowing them down on the other.
Pitch – tilts the drone up and down the same way that roll does.
Yaw – turns the drone about a vertical axis by speeding up all of the rotors spinning in one direction and slowing down all of the rotors spinning in the opposite direction.
Throttle – controls the up and down axis by varying the overall speed of the rotors.
Going through this checklist ensure you will have a safe an enjoyable flight with your drone.
It also lengthens the life span of your drone when it is maintain properly.
Here’s a list you should use before each flight:
- Ensure the camera lens are clean and check that you have your micro SD card inserted
- Ensure the controls battery are in good condition and not leaking (replace if needed)
- Ensure the drone battery is charged.
- Ensure the battery is inserted securely.
- Ensure each propeller are clean and secured.
- Check that there are no loose parts on the drone.
- Check for missing or loose screws.
- Ensure there is enough room for launch and flight.
- Ensure the throttle (left stick) is all the way down.
- Ensure all buttons are not loose or faulty
- Turn on the transmitter.
- If your drone needs calibration, wait until it finishes.
- Take a couple of steps away
- Post flight, ensure the drone and control are clean properly
WAIT! BEFORE TAKING OFF
When starting out, you should follow the below points if you want to have a safe flying experience.
- Go to an open area
- Avoid crowded places especially when it`s your first time flying
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Stay away from people and animals
- Take it slow and fly closer to the ground to get a feel for your drone before taking it higher
If you are looking around for a great value HD Camera Drone, do check out my review by clicking on this link.
I hope you will find this helpful. Good luck and have an enjoyable flight.